Sunday, August 12, 2007

Last couple days in Steyning, West Sussex.

On Saturday, Sheila and I went on a walk through Steyning, where we visted the statue of St. Cuthman, the founder of Steyning. The story is that when St. Cuthman was looking for a place and when the wheeelbarrow in which he was wheeling his disabled mother in collapsed, he decided this was a sign from God and this is where he should settle, so he started the village of Steyning. Here is a picture of Sheila by the statue of St. Cuthman.
Across from the statue is the St. Andrews Anglosaxon church (build in the 1600's) shown below which we walked thru which was nicely decorated with lots of fresh flowers and these special kneelers which were made by the local women.

We then went on a tour of the local Steyning museum which was very interesting below.

On Sunday, Sheila and I went on a 3.5 mile hike through the countryside and here is one of the pictures I took while on the hike.

Another picture of the clock in Steyning on the main street.


Tomorrow I catch my flight back to Canada so not sure if I will be able to add to this blog until I get back. Thanks for checking my blog and keeping up with my adventures.

No comments: